Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SD card not detected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TSalarek

TSalarek

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

Started out as a stock emachines..the only things still original is the 80 GB IDE HD (now used for storage), the internal cables, the dial-up modem (used as backup when the DSL drops out), and the 9-in-1 media reader

Xp Pro SP 3, 2 GB DDR2, Pent 4 3.2G. Specs on board later, NVidia Graphics card, 320 GB SATA HD ( C ) + 80 GB IDE (D), Lightscribe DVD-RW (E), Lite On CD-RW (F, needs to come out as it died), external USB 3.5" drive (A), USB HP printer, DSL through E'net with (wired + wireless) Belkin router and Siemens speedstream modem.

Remote disabled, restore disabled, auto-run disabled, Windows update on full auto.

IE 7 (rolled back from 8, it snuck in with last month's updates), AVG 8.5, MBAM, CCleaner 2.20, Spybot S+D, ASC3 (only AVG in real time)

Just went through issues with the DVD-RW being recognized as DVD-ROM. It saw the disk, just wouldn't burn. Got that resolved now it won't even detect the SD card. No the card isn't "locked". Just took some shots with a Kodak Easy Share C743 7.1 mpx so I know the card is good. Insert to drive and...nada.

Suggestions?

Edited by TSalarek, 14 June 2009 - 03:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

has the SD card worked in it before? and if not, is the SD card an SDHC card? I had a issue in that I bought a micro SDHC card and plugged it into my SD card reader via adaptor, only to find out my SD card readers on both my laptop and desktop wont recongize the high capacity cards. if this isnt the issue, I would start with the drivers, uninstall, reinstall, etc. and go from there. if that doesnt work, card readers are only like 10 bucks off of newegg.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 TSalarek

TSalarek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

Standard SD card..don't know if the reader can do HC, doubt it though as it's stock Emachines.

Called a hardware buddy of mine...he fiddled with the wires, powered it up, insert card, and bingo - there it was O_O

I must have been high on something to forget Hardware Rule #1: Double check connections :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users