Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speeding up computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Toddsg27

Toddsg27

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

:thumbsup: Just wondering about a few things. Very slow computer here and looking for ways to improve performance. Computer is old(about 10 years), so there may not be much I can do about it. Every week I get a picture from weatherunderground.com(good website) and set it as my background picture. Is this saved somewhere? If so, like I said, I change it every week so I have plenty of pics in this file......if it exists.

Another question involves the file located under "C" Drive....... I386......What is this and can its contents be deleted? I would appreciate any feedback.

THanks
Todd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

Before anyone can help you, we'll need your system specs. If your system is that old, there's probably not much you can do. Any pics that you've downloaded should be in My Pictures. I have over 500 wallpapers that I manage with Wallpaper Master.

#3 Alex_Computer

Alex_Computer

• Banned
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

whatever you do, dont delete the I386 folder or any of its contents as this is important to the operation of Microsoft Windows.

Also Like frankp316 said, please give us your computer model ex: manufacturer, model, and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users