Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advanced Drawing Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 missfilippa

missfilippa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

When I booted up this AM, I saw a NEW icon on my desktop. I did a search on what it revealed in PROPERTIES and it noted that this is a program called
ADVANCED DRAWING by Broderbund.
It is supposed to open with MS Paint or Draw....

I never bought, installed etc this program but there it is on my desktop.
Anyone have any suggestions. thnk you in advanced..... missfilippa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:20 PM

Are there any other users on your computer?
Did they install it?
Looks like it's software that you have to purchase.
PrintMaster® Advanced Drawing™
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 missfilippa

missfilippa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:33 PM

I never ordered this program. I am the only one who knows how to operate my computer. When you suggest that this Print Master Advanced is something I
will have to purchase, that makes me very nervous.
I use an older version of Print Shop:
"PrintShop deluxe Ver 15" on DVD. The date on the disc is 2002.

I will have to cal Broderbund on Tues. and find out what this is all about.
This kind of thing really makes me nervous.

I cannot find the program in the ADD/REMOVE list. The icon which just this
morning appeared on my desktoop is labeled: PEO1832.

Any ideas as to how to get rid of this thing for which I have a desktop icon but cannot find any such program anywhere..... HELP.... missfilippa

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:16 AM

When you right click on the icon, and select Properties, what does it show as the Target?

Edited by tg1911, 03 July 2005 - 12:17 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:49 AM

When you suggest that this Print Master Advanced is something I
will have to purchase, that makes me very nervous.

tg1911 meant you would have to purchase it IF you wanted to use it. i.e. it is not Freeware. You don't have to purchase anything just because it appears on your desktop.

Broderbund make some good software, but occasionally they do drop icons on your desktop, with links to more of their software, when you are installing their programs. You didn't recently install or modify one of their games/programs by any chance?

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 missfilippa

missfilippa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:52 PM

to you grand people advising me about the mysteriously placed Icon on my desktop:
1. Not I or anyother person installed this PEO1832 thing
2. When I open properties there is NO TARGET but there is an statement,
OPENS WITH and it says, ADVANCED DRAWING.

3. No, I did not install this program. I do not want it. I will not use it. And of course I will not pay for something I did not install and for which I wil not use.

4. Now my question, how do I get rid of it? It is not in the list of programs when
accessing ADD/REMOVE programs. Nor does it appear in START, ALL PROGRAMS.

Once again, this is missfilippa..... thank you. Aha! I FOUND ADVANCED DRAWING IN: C:\\ Program files -> The Print Shop -> Common Files ->
Broderbund -> ADVANCED DRAWING. So, I probably can get rid of it by using windows explorer...... here again, thank you.... missfilippa

Edited by missfilippa, 04 July 2005 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users