Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crytek Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gondovia

Gondovia

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

Okay so I have 2 Crytek games, FarCry, and Crysis:MAximum Edition, which includes Crysis,Crysis Warhead, and Crysis Wars.
None of these gaems seem to work smothly on my computer.
My problem with FarCry: I finally got this gaem to work on 8.9 ATI drivers after downgrading from 9.4 drivers. I can only play on the low settings, ad even then it crashes very often.My system should be able to paly FarCry smoothly at high,but when I switch to soemthign higher than low, it either crashes my game after loading, or actually gets into the game, but flicvkers with a black creen every 10 seconds.

My problems with Crysis: Now I tried Crysis out.Patched the game to 1.21. It crashes at the scene where Nomad fails to open his parachute.Just a simple Send or Don't Send error report. Now it even crashes when I attept to change my setings.I click on apply and it CTD's. The game error log comes up with an [ERROR] Runaway Thread. What could this be?

My system:

AMD Athlon 3200+
ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP version
1 GB DDR2 RAM

EDIT : Okay, I reinstalled Crysis, and I can finally get past the parachuting part, but now I get the same problem as FarCry. The screen flickers to black every 5 seconds, comes back, keeps flickering, and eventually crashes. Same error too. The Runaway thread error.

Edited by Gondovia, 14 June 2009 - 12:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4fingerlid

4fingerlid

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

Your puter specs will not support those games properly. Time to upgrade.

#3 Gondovia

Gondovia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

Yeah maybe Crysuis won't be supported, but I think FarCry should be. I'm not talking about FarCry 2, but the original FarCry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users