Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ISP blocking port 6881

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alanem

alanem

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

Hello

This is really a cry of help to ask for someone to put me out of my misery. For 2 years I have been trying to download torrents satisfactorily but can't because I can't reset Port 6881. My ISP is Talk Talk and my router is a Smartax MT882. I have spent hours on and off with the Port Forwarding Forum and keep getting led down different paths all leading nowhere. The problem is that the manufacturer of the router has changed its spec but PF haven't changed their walkthroughs so you get so far then left stranded. I've been told by Talk Talk tech support " they do not support virtual server searching" and "no they cannot be of further help. If I choose to get my own router I cannot get a refund on the Smartax and it is my own responsibility and I will not get tech support from them". I need somebody to be honest with me and tell me nothing can be done other than chancing a new router set up and I don't feel competent enough to do that.

Somebody please pull the trigger........Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users