Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Reformat Due to Weird Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zomgsupersack

zomgsupersack

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:45 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forums but I have been looking around here from time to time because you guys seem to know a lot about what you are doing.

My problem is not normal. I try to reformat my computer, but it cannot read the XP disc because it says:

Floppy diskette seek failure
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

The thing is, I don't have a floppy disc drive.

So if anyone can help me here, that would be great. I will answer all questions that I can to the best of my ability. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:45 AM

If you choose the F2 option to enter the setup, you should be able to disable the FDD (Floppy Disk Drive), either by selecting NONE as the Floppy Drive type, or by disabling the FDD controller in the Onboard Device settings, depending on the options offered.

Check that the CD/DVD drive is the first boot device, save the settings and exit. That should stop the system looking for a floppy disk to boot from.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users