Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big HELLO

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 furblender

furblender

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:36 AM

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and just want to say hello to everyone. What lead me to this site was a friend who had what she claimed millions of viruses on her computer. Yes she was infected with malware and spyware but no viruses as such. I cleaned up 30 of the said nasties using my trusty boot Cd and Dr Cure It. But I was left with another more sinister malware infection. In her panic late one night after a few bourbons she came across a pop up that said she was infected with a virus. In her haste she clicked the pop up and installed a malware program called PERSONAL ANTIVIRUS. It reported that her computer was riddle with viruses. It stopped her from using facebook and other social network programs. I finally removed this virus using malwarebytes as suggested from this site. It was not easy as it would not allow us to download from the internet. I had to disable the sucker in the startup menu and kill it in the task manager to be able to remove some of its potency.
This site (personal antivirus) and its rogue program should be shutdown or the site owners sued to there last penny. This program is equivalent to going to a petrol station putting in an additive in your petrol tank and then staring up your car to find out that your car will not start because you don't have the full version of the additive and you have to pay X amount of dollars to have your car work again. Like wises your windows will not wind down or your head lights turn on. If this was the case there would be an up roar and demands for something to be done not to mention a class law suit. Why is this not the case with this nasty - dirty low down program and its program writers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

Personal Antivirus removal guide
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sonal-antivirus
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users