Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new keyboard, problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZlobIsFun

ZlobIsFun

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

well right shift isn't working as shift, it's kind of working as a right alt. right alt is working as right alt. right ctrl is working as right alt. i think... it's a compaq keyboard and all of my right functions ( well mainly just alt, start, ctrl, and right shift. ) aren't doing what they're supposed to. it's a compaq keyboard, i don't know how to find the model. but yeah, can someone help me with this problem??? i use right shift to capitalize my letters and make characters like ?><"{P)_(*^&@^#^@ all that fun stuff. it's a USB keyboard.

okay i just used something to see what was being pushed. when i press shift ctrl is also pushed at the same time.

so yeah. can someone help me with this? could i possibly disable right ctrl or set my keys to do something else.

Edited by ZlobIsFun, 13 June 2009 - 10:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Widdybear77

Widdybear77

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

Sounds like you have accessability features turned on or you have a sticky key set. Sometimes happens when i get coffee in my keys too.
Try turning off accessability functions or unplug keyboard clean it with alcohol on a papertowel. Or check your sticky keys settings in control panel keyboards.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Don't be afraid of taking it apart and cleaning it, pretty simple get your screw driver and your digital camera take shot as you take it apart and just revers the procedure going back. I have not used a camera but then again I am comfortable tearing into these things, I clean my keey boards about once a year sooner if I screw up!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users