Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting to Printer on Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 screen317

screen317

• Malware Response Team
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hello everyone,

Here is my current set up at home:

Router:
--> Desktop PC (XP Home SP3) wired to router --> printer wired to Desktop PC
--> two laptops (Vista Home Basic SP1 | Vista Home Premium SP2) connect wirelessly

I set it up months ago so that I could print from any laptop connected to the router.

I just got home from summer break and my dad says it wont print from his laptop anymore. I went through a bajillion and a half (chuckle at your leisure) troubleshooting steps to no avail (security apps aren't an issue, I've tried setting up new networks and workgroups, changing settings for sharing printer/files didn't help)...

Currently, I cannot see the Desktop in my Network, which I believe is the issue here. It is wired to the router, but can connect wirelessly to it as well (I can't see it either way with either laptop).

I've connected to this computer with my laptop to share files months ago before leaving for school, and I've printed with the other laptop as well.

If there is any other information that could be of assistance, please let me know.

-screen317

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 screen317

screen317
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

Issue resolved... Turned out to be a Workgroup issue after all.. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic