Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen when writing/running on DVD RW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 twilldab

twilldab

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hello,

My problem is when I try using my DVD RW I get a Bluescreen crash. 0x0000005, 0x086E694F,0x9B2F9ED4 and I have already reinstalled Windows XP professional and it still does not see to fix the problem. I only see the Bluescreen when I use the DVD RW and all other programs seem to work fine. The DVD is a Dell"IDE\CDROMHL-DT-ST_DVD+-RW_GSA-H31N_______________B109____\4&3836D654&0&0.2.0" My computer is a Dell Dimension E520.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you..

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

May pertain to your situation: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=887742&sd=RMVP

General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages
If you can’t find a specific reference to your problem, running through the following checklist stands a good chance of resolving the problem for you. This checklist is also usually the best approach to troubleshooting some specific Stop messages, such as 0x0A and 0x50.

1. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
2. If you’ve recently added new hardware, remove it and retest.
3. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.
4. Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date. However, if you’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
5. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
6. Confirm that all of your hardware is on the Hardware Compatibility List. If some of it isn’t, then pay particular attention to the non-HCL hardware in your troubleshooting.
7. Check for viruses.
8. Investigate recently added software.
9. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Louis

#3 twilldab

twilldab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

I have attached the event viewer error that I think may be relevant. Looks like I am starting to have hard drive errors as well. I have completed everything on this reply too. I believe it may be hard drive lated now. Hard drive is starting to fail. Currently backing up data..

Regards

:thumbsup:

Attached Files

Edited by twilldab, 14 June 2009 - 07:34 AM.

#4 twilldab

twilldab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:36 AM

I attached my hard drive error from Intel Matrix storage..

Attached Files

• Attached File  Doc2.doc   104.5KB   6 downloads

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

Well...if you have hard drive problems...I would assume that to be the cause of any/all errors. That's where the O//S is and if the drive is bad...I wouldn't expect the O/S to perform properly.

I would try to eliminate that...and then see if the system still exhibits problems.

Louis

#6 twilldab

twilldab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

Yes, thank you. I am in the process of working that out. I will post a reply once I have completed the process.

Thank you!

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users