Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Titles in Task Bar Rearranging Themselves

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

I think I am correct in calling the list of open programs the lies along the bottom of the desktop to the right of the windows globe and the quicklaunch buttons the task bar. Anyway, normally I see the little rectangle for Firefox, Outlook, Word, etc. Lately, the programs rearrange themselves. So that when I normally open Outlook first it is closest to the quicklaunch, then firefox, word, etc. Now the programs rearrange their order for no apparent reason from time to time. What is this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

Right click on a empty area of the taskbar and make sure the Lock the taskbar option has a checkmark next to it. If not click on it to lock it.

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

Thanks, but it was checked.

#4 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

With the taskbar locked you can still move the icons by clicking on them and dragging them anywhere on the taskbar.
Does anyone else have access to the computer that maybe doing this?

#5 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

No. Could I do it by accident somehow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users