Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformatted laptop can't connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:02 AM

I have a Latitude D610 that I have just reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP on. However, I can't connect to the internet. My guess is that it's a hardware driver that's not installed, but I have no clue what driver to install.

In the Device Manager, there's a question mark next to
Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Network Controller
PCI Modem
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I've tried looking for drivers for ethernet and the modem, but I'm having trouble with this, too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:10 AM

I have a Latitude D610 that I have just reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP on. However, I can't connect to the internet. My guess is that it's a hardware driver that's not installed, but I have no clue what driver to install.

In the Device Manager, there's a question mark next to
Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Network Controller
PCI Modem
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I've tried looking for drivers for ethernet and the modem, but I'm having trouble with this, too.

These are the devices that need drivers in order for your laptop to connect to a network.

Take a look at this link: http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx...=bsd&~ck=mn

EDIT: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

Edited by MadDawg, 13 June 2009 - 11:13 AM.

A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#3 trashcan7

trashcan7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

Thank you so much! I wonder why I couldn't find this before...
Most searches just ended up bringing me to some website advertising some driver downloader software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users