Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection locks up or disconnects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nosmiley

nosmiley

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

The last few weeks, if I am reading an article on yahoo that takes longer than two minutes, or click to read e-mail, then try to click back to Yahoo, or any of my favorites, the computer takes no action after it says "connecting to whatever" and locks up. Trying to go elsewhere, nothing will appear on the page but the "connecting to" at the bottom. Usually a restart is the only thing that will get it functioning again.Before this started, I made the mistake of trying IE 8. It slowed the computer to a crawl, so I removed it using Revo, and reinstalled the previous one, which seems to work except for this disconnect.
Windows home premium
Gateway gt 5438 computer
Intel Core Duo process E4300
Memory Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Nosmiley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users