Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nothing will run in vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob C.

Bob C.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

ie7 gives APPCRASH, mozilla will not start, antivirus will not install. Malwarebytes wil not run, combofix and sdfix will nut run. machine is getting a valid IP. have booted in safe mode to try to run tools to no avail. account is admin account and even tried run as admin to attempt to fix machine, i tried to remove drive and hook to another computer via universal USB drive reader and the drive was not recognized but other drives were seen thru the usb adapter.
I need to clean machine without a reinstall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

I am rather new here, but I think you need to do this.

You will notice it takes you to a different area of the forums where they handle malware.

Edited by DeathStalker, 13 June 2009 - 12:21 AM.

#3 pm79311

pm79311

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

What kind of computer?

what bios utilities?
If you boot to bios, does your bios have utilities to test the drive?

If windows boots, can you get to services and check for disabled services?

Not recommending that you make changes, but can you run regedit and search for load= or run=

can you run disk manager?

can you get to admin tools?

How close to full is the drive?

sounds like either a virus, (maybe blocker) or possibly a bad drive. Get us some more info.

I suggest you start with system edit or system configuration and disable all startup items for test. You can turn them
back on if this does not help.

Go to device manager, show hidden devices and see if anything is unusual or not working.

Edited by pm79311, 13 June 2009 - 01:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users