Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

not so new topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 rhino350

rhino350

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

pwsldpinchie yes ive got it and want to get rid of it also had virtuomond probably not spelled right but any who need to get rid of it not got alot of cash for pricey programs and want to know if it also resides in memory to where if i wipe the drive will it come back to haunt me later and can you defend against reinfection

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Let's try for a little more information. What infection do you think you have and why do you think you have it? What security program are you running telling you that you're infected? What version of Windows are you running?

I don't think that there are very many programs that you'll be suggested to use at this forum will cost you anything. Almost, if not all, of the software recommended is freeware.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 rhino350

rhino350
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

spybot search and destroy,win xp pro, i couldnt find the article in these forums that mentioned it and i have the same problems not as good on pc as i used to be but can still get around with help

the file in ? is pswldpinchie google it and it is a program designed for stealing banking and other abnormal functions on a pc

Edited by rhino350, 12 June 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#4 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

Here's what you need to do:
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop from here.

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings. When the installation has finished, leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Click the Finish button.

MBAM should start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

From the scanner tab, select a QUICK SCAN and click the Scan button.

After the scan finishes, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad. This log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab on the MBAM main screen.

MBAM may tell you to reboot your computer to complete the process. If so, then reboot and post the contents of the log afterwards.

DO NOT POST ANY REPLIES IN THIS TOPIC BECAUSE YOU'VE POSTED IT IN THE WRONG FORUM.
Open a new topic in the Am I Infected Forum with a topic title of what you're infected with. You will need to open the log that MBAM created by going to the Logs tab and double clicking it. Copy and paste that log in the newly opened topic. Someone will be able to help you better in that forum.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

Topic continued in AII here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233558/just-another-problem-or-2/

To avoid confusion I am closing this thread.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users