Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Uninstall PcMightyMax v1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aspalathos

aspalathos

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:53 AM

I have Dell PC Windows XP Home edition. Somehow there is that "UGLY" program called 'PC MightyMax v1', which I can not remove.
I did go to <Start><Control Panel><Add/Remove><Select PC MightyMax v1>and click Add/Remove to uninstall.=I get the following:
WISE UNINSTALL
Could not open INSTALL.Log file
OK
Then I tried this:<Start>click <RUN> and type MISCONFIG and click OK. Once the Window comes up click on the Start Tab. In this Window I looked for 'Realtime' (or 'PCD Realtime'). When I found 'Realtime' I unchecked the box next to its name and click <Apply> and click <OK>. Then I restarted my computer and that "UGLY, VERY, VERY, VERY "UGLY" and parasitic 'PC MightyMax v1' is still there.
Please any one who knows help me to see the light at the end of tunnel. (Who gives them RIGHT to drop anchor in my computer and I can not Remove them, but any other program I can Remove?!).
Have nice day & Thank you very much. Aspalathos :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:39 AM

That does look like a nasty piece of work! The thing that bothered me was after 10-15 minutes googling I could not get past the fake search engine sites like <anything>.treert.com.

I only found one useful link and this comment in a forum:

In the start>control panel>add/remove programs, PC MightyMax has a "Change" option.
Select that. it runs the PC MightyMax installer, but then presents you with an option to uninstall.
Worked for me.

Try the following, then, if it doesn't work look at submitting a HijackThis log:
please read the pinned posts 'How to use this Forum' and 'How to post a HiJack This log' at the top of the forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

But first:
Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software because you should only have one running on your system.

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

See if that helps :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:08 AM

I did find one person who says that when you go to Add/Remove Programs, there is a "change" option. If you choose that, it will start the installer, and one of the options is to remove the program. You might try it and let us know if it worked.

#4 aspalathos

aspalathos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:07 AM

I have Dell PC Windows XP Home edition. Somehow there is that "UGLY" program called 'PC MightyMax v1', which I can not remove.
I did go to <Start><Control Panel><Add/Remove><Select PC MightyMax v1>and click Add/Remove to uninstall.=I get the following:
WISE UNINSTALL
Could not open INSTALL.Log file
OK
Then I tried this:<Start>click <RUN> and type MISCONFIG and click OK. Once the Window comes up click on the Start Tab. In this Window I looked for 'Realtime' (or 'PCD Realtime'). When I found 'Realtime' I unchecked the box next to its name and click <Apply> and click <OK>. Then I restarted my computer and that "UGLY, VERY, VERY, VERY "UGLY" and parasitic 'PC MightyMax v1' is still there.
Please any one who knows help me to see the light at the end of tunnel. (Who gives them RIGHT to drop anchor in my computer and I can not Remove them, but any other program I can Remove?!).
Have nice day & Thank you very much. Aspalathos ::

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 ~overkill~

~overkill~

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:44 PM

I did find one person who says that when you go to Add/Remove Programs, there is a "change" option. If you choose that, it will start the installer, and one of the options is to remove the program. You might try it and let us know if it worked.

that is the correct way to uninstall..another option is go to c\programs, (wherever you have it dled, try search find target) open, select all programs, delete. However, using this method will delete programs needed for other functions!!!! Have backups for these.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:27 PM

Call their toll free number and ask them how to get their bleep off your PC.

PC MightyMax, Inc.
1722 Shady Leaf Drive
Valrico
Florida 33594
USA

Customer Service 1-800-411-5560

#7 aspalathos

aspalathos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:12 AM

:thumbsup: Good day,
This is Aspalathos and I would like to let know everybody that my problem is over. FORMIDABLE, by the help and suggestions I received from Mme.Paulina on Annoyances.org. She suggested me to use "Your Uninstaller". I did and it is over, never again. MAGNIFIQUE, once again thank you everybody, Shalom&have a nice day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users