Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The computer at work is infested with PAV. I downloaded Malware bytes anti-Malware but it still won't scan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krawls

krawls

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

these are the instructions I followed:
Uninstall it

click on this link ↓ and then select run.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/affiliates/2...
INSTALL IT TO YOUR DESKTOP, update it,
then run a full scan and remove everything it finds.

some viruses will try to disable it
so if malwarebytes will not start up
then go into the folder it is in and rename the mbam file to XXX
then double click on the file you just renamed to start it up.

after you have used malwarebytes then do this on-line scan.
to make sure you have nothing else hiding away.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
preferably in safe mode with networking.

it's important you install it on your desktop so you can easily get into the folder and change the name of the mbam file.
and viruses do not always look on the desktop for it.

OR you can try the on-line scan first.

This seemed to have helped but I still can't run Malware bytes and my computer redirects websites I try to get into sometimes. I installed Norman Malware cleaner is this is what it said:

Removed 5 of these ( deleted file:C:/windows\system.32\UACqfqboedxvctjti.dat)
in red appeared- To many infections/an unexpected error (Please contact support):C\Windows\system32\UACqfqboedxvctjtit.dat (infected with Text/Td.ss.A)

File marked for defered cleaning (reboot required) c:\windows\Temp\UAC314c.tmp(infected with W32\FakeAlert.NEU

I clicked quit afer it finished scanning and it prompted me to reboot computer automatically. I selected for the computer to reboot .

Results: I am still have problems with redirected web pages. PAV seems to be mostly gone but it seems that it is still lurking somewhere in my system. Please help. :thumbsup:

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 12 June 2009 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

Hello it appears you are heavily infected with rootkits. They are interfereing with removal.
You need to run HJT/DDS.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 and 7 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users