Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot find Combofix/HIDEC.exe error msg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mannshands

mannshands

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hi,
I also used CombiFix at a friends recommendation. I uninstalled it. I keep getting "Cannot find Combofix/HIDEC.exe" error msg at startup and also about once every 2hrs. Followed your instructions on anther thread to manually uninstall. It was not there. Used "Autoruns" prog as suggested but couldn't find any related entries.
Whats next to remove this annoyance?
Thanks
mannshands

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Did you try Grinler's advice on killing the service associated with this-
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230204/cannot-find-ccombofixhidecexe-on-startup/

#3 mannshands

mannshands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Yes, that is the thread I was refering to. Didn't work for me. Don't have Reg Reg Manager, but did the other stuff.
Next step?
THX
mannshands

Edited by mannshands, 13 June 2009 - 11:59 AM.

#4 mannshands

mannshands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thanks Mishy,
I got the reg prog, followed the links proceedure, worked great. I am now a loyal bleepingcomputer fan.
Sorry for the delay, things move slow here in the Alpujarra of south Spain.
Cheers,
mannshands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users