Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuborn Malware: Systems Security version 4.51

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mbungert

mbungert

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

I have very basic computer knowledge. I started my computer up and this program has taken over. It wants me to buy its removal product. It will not let me run anything. It kicks me out and tells me that program has been affected. Any removal tool as long as I'm on the internet it will kick me out of? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Mary
(it popped up on me 3 times while typing this)

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

Turn it off
Turn it back on & start tapping the F8 key
You should get a screen with startup options
[May take a few tries to get it]
Use the arrow key[s] to hilite Safe Mode with network support
Press Enter
Start in safe mode

Download Malwarebytes ,

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...4-10804572.html

Install, run & remove [fix] everything it finds.

If you get a message saying somethings couldn't be removed do you want it to run & remove them at next startup click Yes or OK
Restart the unit & let it start to the desktop on it's own.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

Also..
If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..

Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys.
Open up command prompt, type in following commands:
XP >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and select "Run". Type cmd into the Run box and click "OK".
Vista >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and Type cmd in the search box.

regsvr32 mbamext.dll
regsvr32 ssubtmr6.dll
regsvr32 vbalsgrid6.ocx
regsvr32 zlib.dll

You can also run MBAM of a CD or mobile device directly.
If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.
Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users