Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows update on vista from sp1 to sp2 problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 adz63

adz63

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:23 AM

hi on tuesday windows update automatically install windows sp2 for vista on my pc

since then my computer takes longer to boot and it will not shut down at all (i have to turn off by the power button on the stack) i tried just leaving it after hitting the shut down button but after 2 hrs i gave up and just hit the power button and the same thing keeps happening it will just not shut down

also when i eventually get logged on all my firewall settings have been wiped so i keep on having to allow and apply to all connections etc , which is so annoying

everything else is fine and i never had no problems on sp1 its just since it updated to sp2

i have tried searching to see if i have a virus i used avast, superantispyware, malwarebytes, spyware terminator and i also got a highjackthis report analyzed and all come back fine

does anyone know what the problem is or have a solution

thanks adam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users