Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalling Windows XP after wipeing hard drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jyoung20

jyoung20

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

Ok, I used microscope diagnostic tools to wipe the HD of a Dell Optiplex GX400. All is fine like it usually is when I wipe hard drives, but now when it boots I can't get it to load the windows XP disk I have (I know the disk works, I've used it several times, even made a new copy of the file I know works). I get two options initially, press f2 for setup (which does nothing to help me) and f12 for network boot which just takes me to the screen it goes to next automatically. At this screen I have two options, f1 to retry boot and f2 for setup, no matter what I do it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

When the F2 for setip option is offere press F2
Locate the boot priority & set it to boot from the CD drive first.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 jyoung20

jyoung20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

Yea, I told it to boot from CD first and it still hasn't helped...however, even when windows was on it I was having issues with it loading from CD first, then some how out of no where it loaded my microscope prog, just can't duplicate the process with this xp cd.

Edited by jyoung20, 11 June 2009 - 09:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users