Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sidorak95

sidorak95

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

I was surfing the web on Google Chrome earlier, and guess what wonderful error I got? The BSOD. When I rebooted, I checked the C:/WINDOWS/Minidump folder. To my surprise, nothing was there. I checked the settings for the BSOD, and where it said "Write an Event to the log" and "Send an administrative alert" were both unchecked. I'm 100% sure that those 2 were checked. What I can remember is something about a file named win2k.sys. This is my 4th BSOD in 5 days. If I get 1 more, I seriously think I'm going to lug this computer over the cliff. Anyone know what this is about, and any solutions? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the BSOD.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories.

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 sidorak95

sidorak95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

There were alot at the time. I'll post all of them:

Error 1:
EventType mptelemetry, P1 80240016, P2 begininstall, P3 install, P4 1.1.1593.0, P5 mpsigdwn.dll, P6 1.1.1593.0, P7 windows defender, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Error 2:
The entry <C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALLEN\RECENT\DESKTOP.INI> in the hash map cannot be updated.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
A device attached to the system is not functioning. (0x8007001f)

Error 3:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NVSvc service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Error 4:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the NVSvc service.

Error 5:
The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer KEVIN-PC that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{9644BABC-FE08-403F-. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

(KEVIN-PC is my brothers laptop)

Edited by sidorak95, 12 June 2009 - 03:45 PM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

None of those error is really telling me much.

Next time you get a BSOD copy down the error message, with all the numbers, and post it back here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users