Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

show what im listening to in windows messenger

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adz63

adz63

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

hi i have the latest version of windows media player and the latest windows live messenger ,

i had to uninstall and reinstall messenger and ever since i have not been able to show what im listening too,
i have show what im listening to ticked in messenger and i also have it ticked in plug-ins on media player but for some reason it is now not working, but it was fine before i had to re install messenger

windows media player is upto date theres nothing wrong with messenger and i have no spyware etc

can anyone help me please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 L0jyq

L0jyq

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

I haven't done this in years....but as far as I remember....

Inside of windows media player, you will need to go into the options (this can be done in the newest version by clicking the little arrow under "library" and choosing "more options"

Once inside there, you will see the "plug-ins" tab at the top, toward the left.

That should have a listing of windows live/msn messenger

I can't completely verify as I don't have windows live installed on this computer, but I'm about 95% sure

#3 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

already done that , everything is checked and it should work fine but it dont , but thanks for trying

#4 L0jyq

L0jyq

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:46 PM

Did you click the dropdown menu under your name inside of msn and choose "now playing..." as your status?

#5 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:13 AM

yes i have done that and done everything every forum has told me

i sent a support ticket for help regarding it to the support centre and they just sent me back exactly what i put

anyway i downloaded winamp 5.5 now and that works perfect with messenger and in whole winamp is miles better than wmp

#6 L0jyq

L0jyq

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:56 PM

Haha, a workaround for sure, but as long as it works :thumbsup:

Actually come to think of it, I haven't seen many people using this function in a good long while...maybe there's some sort of glitch between the new messenger and the new media player?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users