Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Won't Send/Receive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fifteenand1

fifteenand1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hi All:

I just finished up some Malware cleaning under the fantastic guidance over on the malware board.

Somewhere in the process--which involved ComboFix, custom nukes, and plenty of online scans--my "Send/Receive" button in Outlook darkened, making it impossible for me to send/receive with the program.

I've been working through the fix-it steps in the document "An Outlook Express basic repair kit" (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/oerepair.mspx), but I have run into a few problems:

When trying to Reregister Libraries, the command regsvr32 mshtml.dll failed because "entry point could not be found."

Additionally, the command "regsvr32 msjava.dll" failed as "The specified module could not be found."

As suggested in the doc, I was going to continue to create a new identity, export mail, and then import the mail back; however, when I pull up "Accounts" in the Tools tab, I find that nothing is listed in the Mail tab. Um, :flowers: is this a problem?

Looking for whatever help anyone might offer. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

I would have simply repaired IE/OE.

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

As for inability to send or received...I would have just deleted my current account and then recreated it, assuming that one or more key files was damaged.

IMO, the repair is the best suggestion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users