Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reloading XP-Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpd9930

jpd9930

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

Is it possible to reload XP-Pro without destoying all my links to programs? I have not reloaded XP in a few years but now this system is getting bogged down. I have loaded alot of software but REALLY dont want to have to reload it after I do the re-install. Is their a way to reconnect these programs after I do re-install if not?

Or do I have the option of a regedit program that will search out old and unused entries?

Or am I just screwed?

I have a copy of "The Complete Reference Windows XP" Levine/Young if that will be of any use.

Thanks guys!!!! You have always come through for me. If there is a way I trust someone here knows how!!!!

(sorry if this the bizzillinth time someone has asked this)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

A Repair install of Windows is supposed to leave documents and settings intact
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jpd9930

jpd9930
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Thanks!!! thats a great link..just what I need....gonna take a day or so to sort through the C: drive to see what I may need to keep...family just rights stuff to c: without thinking where best to put it...like pictures to the photos drive...;)

That's going to take me a while to do..but bare with me on this...I'll have this done by the end of the weekend...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users