Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - Need Help ASAP

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ReX

ReX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:27 PM

hi. my computer is a little stuffed. after about 1 hour after starting it will go to the blue screen of death and say all this stuff. it has givin me 2 different reasons why it had to shut down my OS. here are what i though are the main points. Can some1 plz help me.

Problem 1
The problem seems to be caused by the following file ati2dvag.dll
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical Information
***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE3F9A55C, 0x00000001, 0xBF9EAF8D, 0x00000002)
***ati2dvag.dll - Address BF9EAF8D base at BF9B8000, DateStamp 3E0140A7

Problem 2
DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information
***STOPx0x000000D1 (0x80A84068, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF8E82ECF)
***usbuhci.sys - Address F8E82ECF base at F8E80000, Datestamp 3b7d8688

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Can you please give us some details about your system specs?(ram, harddrive, video card, things like that)

Did some reserach on ati2dvag.dll found out that other people had the same problems you were having after they recently upgraded theyre video card drivers.

Edited by Techsomething, 01 July 2005 - 07:57 PM.

#3 ReX

ReX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:17 PM

ok here are some of my computer specs
pentium 4 1.4ghz
640 MB RD RAM
128MB Radeon 9100 Vivo
Pentium D850GB motherboard
QUANTUM FIREBALL AS30.0
Windows XP professional

no i haven't researched if other people have had the same problem as me but i will soon. i have not added any new hardware recently so it is not like i added something recently which caused this problem. i haven't updated any of my drivers because i dont know how to so if all i need to do is update my driver then tell me how to do that. i hope this helps u out alittle more. thx for the help

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:02 PM

Do you get the same message within Windows XP safe mode?

There could be many reasons that you are getting this. A driver could be corrupt, or you could have a hardware issue -Bad memory or hard disk.
JC

#5 tim723

tim723

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:50 AM

i had the EXACT problem!!!! it was due to corrupted video drivers. i uninstaleed and reinstalled vid drivers and all was well. another cause of thise type of thing could be different speeds of ram in same mobo, for example trying to run CL3 ram at CL2.5
Posted Image

#6 tim723

tim723

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:59 AM

ooh, you needed to know how to do it. Well its best to unistall the old ones first, so go into Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs, and there should be an entry with "ATI Display Driver" or something along those lines. if there is nothing in add?remove programs, another way to it is to go into device manager which is located in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager. Collapse the Display adapters section and right click the entry for your videocard, click properties, go under driver tab, and click uninstall.
Posted Image

#7 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:03 AM

I tried to find your video card drivers but to no avail.

You can try uninstalling your current drivers using blankos instructions above, then reinstalling them with the cd that came with your computer\video card.

#8 ReX

ReX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

i have uninstalled my driver and reinstalled it but still the same problem. BUT i do have 2 different types of ram. i have very old RD ram wen they were just released (128MB) n then i added another 512MB of kingston RD which was surposed to be faster then my older ram but i found out recently that becasue i have 2 different types of ram it runz as fast as the slowest ram. but i added the 512 last yr could the problem still be caused from the ram?

i onli started gettin this problem recently. i think im gonna go into a little more detail with my problem so that youz can try and understand it alittle better. i have 3 symptoms. at the beginning my computer would just restart by itself. then i changed a function on my computer to not automatically restart when it causes an error so now instead of restarting it goes to the blue screen of death with a few details of why my OS was shut down which i pasted on an earlier post. sympton 2: sometimes instead of goin to the blue screen it will just freeze completely (this includes music and mouse). sympton 3: it will still sometimes restart by itself. After any of these happen once i restart the computer they will happen again within the next 5 minz so i have to let the computer rest a bit before i can go on again

because it is always stuffing up while im in the middle of things it is starting to cause a few errorz and corrupting some of the files on my computer. could this all be caused from a virus? i will be buyin a new hard drive soon and hoping that will fix everything but i dont want to buy a new hard drive if i find out i need new ram or a new graphics card aswell. im guessin that i have more then 1 problem. i haven't got service pack 1 or 2 (so thats why i think i have some sorta virus aswell) but i will wen i get the new hard drive. any more ideas on wat i can do?

#9 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

You can check you memory by downloading a program called Memtest86.
It is a free download. It requires that you create a boot disk.
I would recommend that you let it run overnight.

Memtest86

You need to determine if this is a hardware issue or not.
Post again with the results.
JC

#10 ReX

ReX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

i did the memtest and it stuffed up during the test. i came back to the computer and it was like it was on stand by. the monitor was black and no matter wat i pressed it wouldn't turn on. ill give it another go later but ill be next to the computer at all times to see what happens.

#11 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

If it is one of the modules of RAM, and you are comfortable working inside a computer, take out one of the memory modules and see if that helps. Make sure the memory is in the correct slot. (also take note of your original configuration so you easily go back to it). To confirm everything is OK, you should run the MEMTEST again with the module you believe that is good(or bad to confirm that too).

Make sure you don't cause anymore damage to your memory by not taking static electricity into consideration, and not properly grounding yourself.

Please see the following link for information about static electricity:

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Comput...2002/static.asp

Post back with your results.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users