Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop CS4 - Gray scale problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tryn2learn

tryn2learn

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

I had purchased PS CS# from Ebay, BAD move. It was pirated as I found out trying to get support from Adobe. I have reported that to all authorities and purchased PS CS4 from Adobe. Here's my problem. I originally had PS Elements 6.0 and then installed the pirated version. When I found out it was pirated I took it off my system, also had the gray scale problem with it and it also caused my Elements to show gray scales as purple scales.

In removing the bad software I did the uninstall and then used revo uninstaller to remove all the remaining registries. Rebooted and loaded up Photoshop CS4 and the color swatch panel still looks like shades of purple. I have my color profile set correctly and my video card, Nvidia GE9500GT was just updated from Nvidia to the latest version. I am running Vista Business, have 4G of RAM, it prints okay but the screen just doesn't show anything with grays as grays but purples! It driving me nuts.

I drew a custom shape on a white background, black box with a gray box. The gray box looks visually on the screen as a shade of purple. I sent the file to my friend who is using PS CS3 and he sees it as gray! AND if I open it in any other software app it looks okay, it's just off in Photoshop apps.

Any suggestions?

Could it be that something is still lingering around from the old pirate stuff???

Thanks, any help will be appreciated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, something could be lingering...

Did you clean your Adobe Roaming data, and your appdata? They're hidden folders in your documents folder. Mine is this path-

C:\Users\Vaerli\AppData\Roaming

If you delete the Adobe folder, it should clean out all your saved profiles and things from adobe- including anything thats new. You might want to just move that out of that folder, or rename it and boot PS up and see if it works.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 tryn2learn

tryn2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Thanks, I will give that a try and let you know!

I appreciate your rapid response.

#4 tryn2learn

tryn2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

Vaerli,

I tried that, or so I think. I'm running under Vista and under apps data/roaming/color/profiles I renamed the file and it created a new one when I booted up PS CS4 and the gray shades were still purple.

I am also running DW CS3, SB CS4, PS Elements 6, and Premeire Elements 4.

I have my monitor set up for application colors rather than Nvidia, I tried changing that and it didn't make a difference either. I'm at a total loss here and wish that someone could figure it out. It's very annoying. I have even set different color profiles within PS CS4 and the gray scales still look like shades of purple.

:thumbsup:

#5 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

I meant for you to completely take out the roaming/adobe/ file, that way you're not getting anything contaminated in it.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#6 tryn2learn

tryn2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

I will try, but Roaming has a lot of files in it.

Thanks
TryN

#7 tryn2learn

tryn2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

Okay, went through that and it didn't help. Talked with a friend who asked, "didn't you just replace your hard drive?", well, yes I did.

Went through all the set ups again and found that the gamma was way off. I've adjusted that and saved as a new profile and now the grays show up as a gray scale!!! Yipee!

Thanks for the help!

TryN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users