Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best free firewall?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kibou

Kibou

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'd like to know what the best free firewall program is for Windows Vista. I've been using COMODO Pro firewall and I really like it, but if there's anything better out there I'd like to know about it. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

There's an excellent review of free firewalls here.

But do you really understand Comodo's pop ups and/or find it annoying?

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:20 AM

Comodo CIS v3.9 is the best free complete protection suite there is. Once you have installed it and it learns your programs you won't get very many pop ups at all. I am 60 particularly non teckie and if I can operate Comodo then you kids that have grown up with computers shouldn't have any problems at all. The new Comodo CIS is without comparison in the freeware market.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 Kibou

Kibou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

Great. I think I'll stick with it then. I find the interface to be very intuitive and while the popups did irritate me at first, the firewall is learning my programs and there's not that many anymore. ^_^

Edited by Kibou, 11 June 2009 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users