Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer shuts off.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sun_Tzu

Sun_Tzu

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hi guys,

Been a while since I needed to post, but I am here now, with a rather serious issue.

I have a HP Slimline computer that shuts down upon any real stress being place on it when it boots, Windows will try to boot bring up an error message saying that a previous windows install was not completed, and ask for the computer to be restarted for the install to take place. As soon as windows restarts the computer and reloads it will get to the HP Invent Screen, and then just Shut down, The computer has a new power supply, and a New battery. I cannot think of anything that would be causing the issue other than a board issue, or a CPU issue, but I do not think that is the case. Any help from you all would be appreciated.

~ Sun Tzu
Newest Graphic:

Just click here to see

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I subscribe to the theory of intellectual osmosis. As such, I must now cease our conversation and move away from you before my intelligence begins to drop" - The GORD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

It won't boot anymore at all? You should try and back up your data, then see if you can reformat the hard drive, and reinstall Windows.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Sun_Tzu

Sun_Tzu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

Windows will start a load, and get to the screen for the setup after the windows files have been installed, but you havent finished all the personal data part, and brings up an error and will not go further, but it seems to me to be more of a hardware issue than a Software issue, as the computer shuts down, not the OS.
Newest Graphic:

Just click here to see

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I subscribe to the theory of intellectual osmosis. As such, I must now cease our conversation and move away from you before my intelligence begins to drop" - The GORD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users