Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rcfrgf

rcfrgf

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

When you call Dell Support (usually India) the first person you get is usually the lowest, least trained Tech. You can tell they don't know much when they pause or put you on hold. Besides asking others what to do, they are typing into the computer in front of them everything you say,(sometimes clicking is heard) and waiting for an answer to come up on their screen. Too, in poorer countries, the Techs don't have their own computers in their homes.
Then, after loads of misunderstanding they might offer a "fixit", another plan like "Dell On Call" $129 + fee per incident.("Our Software Section!")
More persistance gets you finally to a 2nd tier Tech who knows a little more. Once I got the most senior Tech in Bangalore. I stated the problem, then a 2 minute pause, then a little talk, then a 5 minute pause. He'd run out of ideas.
The big guns come out when you go to "Unresolved Issues". It's either India or the U.S.
In poor countries I think they have a tough time thinking "Outside the box". That's why I go to forums or "newsgroups" (as the members will beat into you at Microsoft.)
The art of FORUMS is trying to explain exactly the problem. That's why, simply , often it takes a number of exchanges, because you are trying to adjust to each others knowledge of technical language. The idea is to stick with each other. rcfrgf

Edited by The weatherman, 10 June 2009 - 03:47 PM.
Removed Email address~TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

You can cut to the chase for many problems if people will use and post the info in event viewer that's logged in at the time of the error.
This of course applies to XP and Vista.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users