Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help after using combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2naboy

2naboy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

I am running windows vista home premium edition on a hp pavilion laptop. I ran combofix after using malwarebyte multiple times to scan and delete the malware/virus that was in my computer. It did not work well at all. Every time I ran the scan, it came back with the same results even after it deleted it previously. I went on their forum and read up on some of the postings and found a problem similar to mine. It was suggested, on that thread that combofix be used instead. I followed the link and it led me to this website where I downloaded the program. I had to run it two different times before it worked completely. The first time, the computer crashed right after it deleted some of the bad files but it did not get to them all. After restarting, I ran combofix again and this time it went all the way through but on the restart, it froze and I had to shutdown the computer and turn it on again. When it turned on and after I logged in, combofix was able to resume and finished the process.

Now my desktop background changed and microsoft word does not run properly at all but that seems to be the only side effects of the program thus far. I restarted the computer and eventhough it took a while, the computer started fine but the problem with word persists and I am yet to uncover any other problems. I need for someone to look at my combofix log and tell me if there is something elase that I need to do. Than you for your consideration.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

ComboFix logs are only handled in the HJT forum.
Please follow this guide. Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users