Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony laptop's sound cuts out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nicktk1

nicktk1

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

My significant other got a sony laptop for a very....low....price and didn't listen to me when i said not to buy a computer for it's looks. After applying and getting accepted to a bible college, she had to install novell, a proxy program, on her computer. after doing as such her sound now cuts out. After uninstalling the program, novell, it appears the damage was permanent. now ever 1 out of 3 times the computer is turned on (rough estimate) the sound does not work. she said that she has to be running sound constantly or else it, the sound, dies. she also said that if she pauses her sound it also dies. im thinking that there is some sort of hardware issue now....but i could be wrong. if you could get back to me i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks
-Nick

if you need to know what type of sony let me know.
I hear you calling setting fire to my soul. is this the voice we die for?
we die for life!!!!!
-Demon hunter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I'd uninstall (via Device Manager) and reinstall the sound drivers for GP...they may be damaged.

They should be available at the Sony website..or on the drivers CD which should have accompanied the system.

Louis

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

What about if you use headphones or an external speakers? Does the sound cut out then?

If reinstalling drivers doesn't help, then you probably have an issue with the motherboard. I could be the speaker itself, but it is probably the motherboard. This should be a warranty repair/replacement if the computer is not too old.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users