Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound problem help needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigdaz

bigdaz

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hello. I am currently suffering the most irritating issue with interference of some sort when listening to all types of audio through my pc speakers and headphones. The best way to discribe this would be to compare the problem to listening to a record that needs cleaning. An example would be when listening to music between the tracks or when there is a string section you here crackles, a sound i would discribe maybe as static in the background. I have origional onboard sound realtek hd on my ASUS P5N E SLI Motherboard and have the latest drivers installed. I know it is not a problem with Speakers/headphones as i have just purchased a new pair of Senn 595s headphones and i am now even more aware of this issue than before.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am at a loss of how to solve this other than maybe getting a new sound card installed. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:12 AM

Loose connection...short...I'd (temporarily) try a physical sound card, after disabling the onboard.

Having the latest drivers installed for a component...does nothing to rule out the possibility of damaged files reducing the importance of whether they are the latest or not. At the minimum...go to Device Manager and uninstall/reinstall the sound drivers.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users