Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homeworld 2 in Vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

Anyone had issues running Homeworld 2 in Vista 64?

The game doesn't support widescreen resolutions...which is too bad...but the game is quite unplayable because all you can see is the upper corner. It won't auto-fit my monitor.

It complains about video driver updates. While I haven't updated the driver since I built my new rig (a few months back), a 5+ year old game shouldn't know to complain about a few months of missing updates. More likely it doesn't recognize the driver at all.

I tried compatibility mode to no avail.

This is only game I have had issues running in the new OS thus far (knock on, er, silicon).
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GalenG

GalenG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

I think you can change the resolution that homeworld opens in by creating a shortcut to the homeworld2.exe.

Edit the target:
<example for running in 1680x1050> C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -w 1680 -h 1050

Just use that shortcut to run the .exe and you should be good. I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users