Hello again Jroderick88
Let's try a few different
scanners just to see if any hidden
nasties are lurking. Download and run MBAM:
Because some types of malware can be easily removed, I recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
be run. MBAM
is an advanced piece of software which may possibly resolve a number of the issues on your machine. It's important to let me know, however, if you experience any trouble accessing the site, downloading from it, or actually opening the program to run. Some rootkits specifically target MBAM, thus, the inability to run the program may possibly indicate a more serious problem.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
(v1.37) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs
and download a fresh copy.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
On the Scanner tab:
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and Scan in progress will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found.
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Step #2Download and run ATF Cleaner:
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Please save the contents of that report as it will needed with your next reply. Now, exit MBAM.
- Using this link, please download ATF Cleaner and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
- Next, please place check marks in the following boxes:
- Windows Temp
- Current User Temp
- All User Temp
- If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the Cookies prompt.
- Temporary Internet Files
- Java Cache
- Click the [Empty Selected] button.
- Click Exit.
Before continuing with the next step, you should print out these instructions
or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.
Step #4Scan with Dr.Web CureIt: NOTE: This scan may take several hours to complete. Please perform the scan allowing for the time.
- Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
alternate download link
Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).
- Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
- Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version).
- Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
- The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
- If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
- If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
- After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
- In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
- Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
- Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
- When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
- Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
- In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
- Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
- After reboot, post the contents of the logs from Dr.Web, and from MBAM in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
After reviewing your logs I will furnish you with additional instructions.