Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joshse

Joshse

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:57 AM

hey guys

quite basically, i bought an HDTV for my xbox and so i can use it as a second display.
i have a Geforce 7300 GS OC (Outputs= DVI VGA S-Video) graphics card, and connected the tv using a Dvi to component cable.
for some reason the pc recognizes it as 'Anologue Display' and when i select the Anologue display to work as a secondary monitor, the picture on the TV is really strange. it shows my background but with a massive green block down the right hand side.

i have reinstalled the drivers many times.
all my graphics card drivers and monitor drivers are up to date.
100% sure that my TV and cables aren't broken.

I have contacted BFG support but they are taking ages to respond although they say that my pc is giving the monitor signal to the TV which the TV cannot understand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

The DVI to component cable is this three RCA cables red,green, blue. or a single Yellow RCA? Does the TV support Component input? What resolutions are you using for the TV? What resolutions does the TV suupport?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 11 June 2009 - 05:58 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Joshse

Joshse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

yes the i believe the cable is YPbPr and the TV supports it. the resolution i was using for the TV is 800x600 and the TV supports resolutions up to 2000x1000 (very high seeing as its HD)

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:19 AM

I would suggest changing the resolution on the computer for the TV its most likely way to low.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 Joshse

Joshse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

i have changed the resolution to 800x600 and the TV to 800x600 and its still the same, i got a reply from BFG saying "the computer is sending a monitor signal to the TV which is causing the TV to display strange colours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users