Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro legitimate over copy karma question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alamo

alamo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

:thumbsup: Let's suppose I knew someone who has a copy of Windows XP Pro sp2 installed on his desktop computer along with all the data and programs from the past years. Now this person wants or needs a legitimate copy. :flowers:

Is there any version of XP Pro that can lay down on top of his copied XP os and replace it with the licensed version :trumpet: ...

without the need to find space somewhere to backup data, reformat the drive and then reinstall all the programs, etc, etc ??? :inlove:

Please help me know what to tell someone in case I should ever run into this question. :cool:

Thank You and have a nice day

alamo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:15 PM

hi in answer to your question, no there is not because now you have telephone microsoft if the product key looks suspect, and they check every copy out.
which will not only find the copy but who supplied the copy in first place.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users