Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD image burning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:50 PM

i sent my cousin an image that i made from a CD and he's trying to burn it onto a blank one. but herein lies the problem...

The entered block size does not correspond to the image lenght. the block size may be wrong. do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?

what in the heck does that mean?!?! thanx for any help.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:01 PM

ok new problem my cousin ignored the problem and it burned fine. he opened the windows explorer and there was nothing on the CD! anyone wanna take up the case?

hes got a P4 2.4, 512 mb RAM, 128 ATI Radeon 9200 he cant remember what type of mobo tho hes got XP pro SP1

hes using the Ahead Nero burnin software version 5.5.9.24

Edited by legoman786, 01 July 2005 - 01:02 PM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:30 AM

new problem... my cousin just downloaded a freeware CD burning software and now thats also givin him probs. It's called HT Fireman, or something like that. he tried again but now when he ejected the CD it was "melt his fingers" hot. What in the heck is going on? also i think u guys should know hes got like 13 gig of spyware/adware/etc.

- Rick Cook

#4 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:23 AM

Hey, I won't swear to this, but I have a sneaky feelin that you should back up, re-group, jam all of the pertinent facts of the case onto one page, and open a new topic.
Bye Wendy
:thumbsup:
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:43 AM

new problem... my cousin just downloaded a freeware CD burning software and now thats also givin him probs. It's called HT Fireman, or something like that. he tried again but now when he ejected the CD it was "melt his fingers" hot. What in the heck is going on?

Did he d/l it directly from them?

Has he tried contacting them for support?
Support eMail: support@ht-fireman.com

also i think u guys should know hes got like 13 gig of spyware/adware/etc.

13 gig. OMG If this is true I am suprized that his computer even works at all. The problem should be addressed ASAP. Please do not post any question/comments concerning this here. :thumbsup: This should be discussed in the:

AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods

Edited by Scarlett, 11 July 2005 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users