Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LOGON FAILED C:\windows\system32\wireless\wirelessgui

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kelley_H

Kelley_H

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

I am having major problems and am very frustrated! I installed a TrendNet wireless card on a Toshiba laptop. It was having problems, so I uninstalled everything, went to TrendNet's sight and downloaded the driver from there, along w/ the utility.

When I rebooted the computer, it will notlet me log in. It says Failed to logon C:\windows\system32\wireless\wirelessgui

I can not log on to Last Known Good Configuration, Safe Mode with networking, Safe mode. I can however get to the desktop if I go to Safe Mode with Command Prompt! I don't know how to fix this error!! HELP!

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 09 June 2009 - 11:20 PM.
BBCode Cleanup

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

Hi Kelley H, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Are you sure that's the exact error message? I can find no reference to it anywhere!

#3 Kelley_H

Kelley_H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:05 AM

The box pops up and this is what it says:

At the very top ----- User Interface Failure

The Logon User Interface DLL C:\Windows\System32\Wireless\WirelessG (and then I can't truly make out the letter after that....maybe an i?)....failed to load.

Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the original DLL.

I can not find this anywhere! I have tried everything and just don't know what else to do! Any help would be so very much appreciated!!!

#4 Kelley_H

Kelley_H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

The box says .....

User Interface Failure

The Logon User Interface DLL C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Wireless\WirelessG (and I can't quit make out the next letter, maybe an i?) ... failed to load.

Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore teh original DLL.

Restart

I don't have a clue what to do, I've googled it, everything I know to do!

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

An error message typically does not specify a file path, merely the name of the file.

Something is awry here, examples follow: http://www.google.com/search?q=+Logon+User...amp;startPage=1

Louis

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hamluis... a thought: If we can get the full dll name, do you think unregistering it would help?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

From looking at the documented similar messages re Logon Failed...those problems seem to have resulted from coding which required either a hotfix, a critical update, or a registry edit of some type. At least, those seem to be the attempted resolutions by MS.

If it were me (I always tend to take the easiest approach), I would probably try the reg edit approach, if one exists. If that failed, I'd simply do a repair install and update the system properly.

Doug Knox came up with this possible fix, http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.htm

I suggest that the OP try this before doing anything else.

Louis

#8 rsmrsm

rsmrsm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

I had the exact same problem and using the software of http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.htm solved it. Thanks hamluis

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

LOL...kudos to Doug Knox, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users