Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New York State Road test!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

So, I recently took my drivers test for the second time, and failed.

:[

Although I did much better than last time I'm still a little bummed as many of you may or may not suspect.

I was just wondering so I'm not alone on this one; how many times did you guys fail your drivers test before you finally got it?

Thanks guys!

aha :]
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

I actually got it my first try this past August. I did however spend the summer doing drivers ed which helped a lot. We spent a couple days working specifically on the parallel park, and many other aspects to passing the road test. Plus it lowered my insurance costs a bit and I received my full license when I turned 17 instead of having to wait until I'm 18. If you've got time this summer, it may be a good choice if your school offers it!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

I passed my first time.. oddly enough. Never even parallel parked and I passed it. Somehow :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

Never failed.

Want to know something interesting as to why? I never took it. Still have my permit, so I'm the one who fails (stupid logic is stupid :thumbsup:)

Of course, that's more on the fact that I don't really care that much about driving (of course, then there's the flipside of things that driving would make some things easier for me when going to places and such).

Don't feel bad about it. My brother failed twice.....and both times he failed were from the same mistake.

Edited by scff249, 11 June 2009 - 10:24 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

Failed my first road test before I even started the car.
The examiner wanted me to do the hand signals for right turn, left turn, and stop.
Of course I didn't know them but wonder to this day if that was the reason I failed or the question I asked the examiner if he drove a horse and buggy.

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

Passed mine, first times the charm, but I am a very good test taker. Got a few points off for speeding though (a vision of things to come?).

Posted Image

#7 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Ohhh such interesting answers! aha

Thanks guys! My next road test is next month on the 23rd.

I know with enough practice I'll most defenitly pass this time!

The first time I wasn't ready, the second time I made some stupid mistakes but the third...oh the third...

I'm gonna pass for sure!

:D
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

#8 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

I did not take my driving test in New York but on the day I turned 16, I did pass the driving test the first time around, even with refusing to even attempt to parallel park, lol. I told the guy giving me the test to just mark it wrong. Told him there was absolutely no need to be able to do that, I could just keep driving until I found a place to park that did not require me to park that way. He didn't know what to make of that, said nobody had ever refused to do that before and he had been giving the tests for many years.

#9 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:12 AM

The examiner wanted me to do the hand signals for right turn, left turn, and stop.
Of course I didn't know them but wonder to this day if that was the reason I failed or the question I asked the examiner if he drove a horse and buggy.

:thumbsup: Wow.....that's something you don't hear about on a driver's test. Let alone that, even on a bike, I don't see anyone use those hand signals....ever....(yes, I know them from when I used to be in Boy Scouts)

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users