Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rickhdz

rickhdz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:21 AM

When I start my PC I get an error message saying "Found EPABI2" does anybody know what this is about? how do I get rid of it?

Help is appreciated.

Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:01 PM

From what information I have found on the Web, it has something to do with the Epson printer program. It appears that you are starting the Epson program on start up and it is giving you this message for some reason. Two alternatives suggest themselves:
1. Delete the application from your start up processes.
2. Uninstall and then reinstall the printer program.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Ruby74

Ruby74

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:16 PM

Directions to delete from start-up? If you need them ...
1. go to Run... on your control panel, after you click on START....

2. type in "msconfig" if you use the microsoft operating system.

3. on the tabs click on START UP
the screen will have the listed directive,
"EPABI2"
you may have to scroll down to see it....

4. when you find EPABI2 un-check the box by clicking it

and remember the start-up can only hold about 4 programs one being your fire-wall, one being your operating system get the idea?

Ruby

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

The program will probably not say EPABI 2, but something else but you should be able to recognise it by the printer brand.
You can have as many applications launching on start up as you can imagine- - -well ALMOST; however, each adds a little time to booting, and each takes a little CPU usage to run in the background, and each adds a little time to logging off. It is a time trade off between taking extra time to book, and taking extra time to launch a program when you need it. Outside of the needed Windows programs, the only thing that I have automatically launching is my firewall.

If you have Spybot S&D on your computer, you can use one of its tools to manage your startup.

I only mentioned the delete/install method because I would think you should not be getting that message if the application is working properly.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users