Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A BIT OF HELP PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brewter94

brewter94

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

Hi folks, as you can see, I am new around here and would appreciate some help.

Bit of a long winded story, but here goes.

I have been using free software as my anti virus, firewall etc and decided to try a 60 day trial of a security suite which I saw advertised in a magazine I read ( software was ESET )

I thought it would make sense to uninstall the existing AV & fire wall prior to downloading the 60 day trial which I did.

Ever since then I have had sporadic blue screens on start up and during browsing sessions.

Me being me, I did a system restore back to the last working point but the PC would not allow this to happen so I decided to remove the trial version of ESET. That went fine.

I then tried to go back to scratch and reinstall the firewall I had ( Comodo Free ) but was told that it was already installed ( althought I thought I had uninstalled it )

Now, I still get sporadic blue screens, balloons saying I am not portected with AV or Firewall but when I try to reinstall them, I am told I do so I am kind of going round in circles !!!!

it might be simple to sort, but I havent got a clue so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Althought I may be overstepping my bounds here ( new to posting ) but I thought this might be of help.

You may want to try a utility called Appremover http://www.appremover.com/

It should be able to remove most antivirus and antispyware products or remnants thereof.

I would read the FAQ section http://www.appremover.com/faq.html for more information.

Hope this helps
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users