Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I go about adding more RAM?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tom_h1991

tom_h1991

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

Hi folks!

I currently have a Toshiba Satellite L10 (few years old) running XP Home Edition SP2 (soon to be SP3). My laptop only has 240mb of RAM (yeah i know, it sucks!) and could really have it speeding up a bit.

However I am unsure on how I go about adding RAM to my laptop. What is the process and what are some good places to get RAM from?

Thanks for your help!

Tom.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ninjapocalypse

Ninjapocalypse

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

Hi folks!

I currently have a Toshiba Satellite L10 (few years old) running XP Home Edition SP2 (soon to be SP3). My laptop only has 240mb of RAM (yeah i know, it sucks!) and could really have it speeding up a bit.

However I am unsure on how I go about adding RAM to my laptop. What is the process and what are some good places to get RAM from?

Thanks for your help!

Tom.

www.newegg.com is where you can find pretty good deals on RAM.

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

Do you have a manual? Here's one:

http://www.manualnguide.com/manual-get/6511/

Here is one WWW site with a description of what to buy:

http://www.laptopmemoryupgrade.com/memory/...riesMemory.html

If you are going out to shop, I would take the existing RAM or laptop with me to have the qualified RAM person make sure (read: guarantee) you get the right stuff. They may not have a return it policy for RAM.

There are some "shops" (not general purpose office supply type stores) around me that will install your RAM and just about anything else and make sure it works for free - as long as you buy it from them. I like that idea to keep you from buying it yourself and having a problem when you get home.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

You can also use the Crucial.com site for data on memory requirements/capabilities for your system.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...%20L10%20Series

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users