Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop help plz, it keeps shutting down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pammazan

pammazan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

i was sitting in bed trying to get into game servers on world of warcraft and my computer just shuts off randomly nor error message or anything. this isnt the 1st time it happend the 1st time my computer got really hot so i thot that was it, well no my computer wasnt hot this time so it hink its somthing else. also the time after that when it shut down the power wasnt plugged in so i thought it could have been it draind the battery, nope it just shut down on me 5 mins ago.

i ran a disk check the other day and it froze on stage 5 at 55% i tried it again, same thing. also no viruses i ran a scan, and no new installed programs

sorry about the length i jsut thoguht it would help if you knew what i was doing at the time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Try letting disk check run overnight. Sometimes it can take a long time.

Also, blow out the vents of your laptop with compressed air to make sure they aren't choked with dust, which could cause overheating. Putting your laptop on a soft surface, such as a bed, can also cause overheating if airflow to the vents is restricted.

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the shut down.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories.

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users