Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows services stops

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 beepbeepbeep

beepbeepbeep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:03 AM

hi, several of my XP professional computers are having really strange problems. i would find that most of the services that starts automatically are in the stopped state. like the "computer browser", "windows time", "secondary logon", and RPC among others.

we have trendmicro officescan installed in all XP machines and they all have the latest signatures. the AV doesn't report anything.

so what i do is just to start those services manually that should be running. or i would tell the users to restart their computers.

question is, is this some form of "attack" or "malware"?

appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users