Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DEATHlLINK

DEATHlLINK

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

So I've been having issues with my laptop and can't figure them out. I have tried almost everything. Today I went into my system restore and noticed only three dates that were after my problem started happening. When my issue happened I couldn't get into system restore at all and now that I can I can't dial it back to a date I actually want to use. Any advice would be helpful. Also I am using Kaspersky's online security and I am unsure if this or windows defender might have restore points I can access?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

It might be helpful to say what one or two of the most important issues are. That might give a clue to what is happening. As it is, you are really just asking why you can't access more restore points.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

#3 DEATHlLINK

DEATHlLINK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

I was attacked by multiple trojans and still think my laptops infected even though I have kasperskys, superantispyware, windows defender, I run the tcp view and think the results look suspicious. I can't wait much longer for help. My wife won't listen too me and continues to due online banking on it. I was hoping a system restore could rectify the issue. But all the restore points are from after the first onslaught of attacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users