Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'N' Draft router..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 N!Jr

N!Jr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Hey guys, I'm currently using a wirless router which is using the G wireless technology and for internet speeds, it's 1Mbps DSL. I do not have problems with my current router (signal is always excellent and no disconnects but it is just freaking old (it saw 3 of my computers being put away which is like 5 to 6 years at least.)

So I was thinking of getting myself a N draft router + receiver thingy for my computer but wonder if it's worth it considering my relatively slow internet speed. I do play online games and usually listen to online radio.

If I get them, what are the immediate difference that I will notice after installation?

Thanks in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 debtboy

debtboy

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Hey NJr,
I have an 'N' Router, picked it up around the first of the year.
If your willing to replace each connecting PCs network card
(even though you don't have to) then go for it.

I had connection issues which made me crazy, but I switched
to the 'N' router and connections are never an issue.
It will work w/ existing 'G' and 'B' interfaces without the additional
benefits of speed and distance.

NOTE:
The 'N' router may step on neighboring 'G' routers as it uses multiple
frequencies. This may be a Good or Bad thing depending on your neighborhood. :thumbsup:
The Owls are not what they seem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users