Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download Sporting Event File

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 fac33

fac33

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi- Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to download a clip to my computer from a sports website? The website provides the following url to share:

http://www.universalsports.com/mediaPlayer...1&id=414857

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

Link is broken.

#3 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

as andrew said, your link is broken... However, using BBcode might allow us to see the full link. Do the following:
Press the "insert link" button and follow the steps. Or type the following:
[url="<insert link here>"]<Title for my link>[/url]
Replace the <insert link here> with your URL, for example: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/. Then replace the <Title for my link> with your title...

Example:

Bleeping Computer's homepage!

The code for this link was:
[url="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/"]Bleeping Computer's homepage![/url]

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#4 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

Oh, before i forget, note that, in order to make this work, copy and paste the entire link again, not the one in your first post!

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:16 AM

The link doesn't work but I looked at a video on that site. It appears to be DRM protected so I don't think you will be able to download any clips there. I usually use Real Player to download embedded video clips.

#6 fac33

fac33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

Apologies, the link is actually: http://www.universalsports.com/mediaPlayer...db_oem_id=23000

<Boston Marathon 2009>

Thanks for letting me know the video is DRM protected. If there's any other creative option to download this file to my harddrive, please let me know. Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my inquiry. Cheers.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

fac33.
Your topic has been closed, as it is in violation of the Board Rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users