Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 8, Add-on Photo Loading does not work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pat71896

pat71896

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

I have a new HP ( :thumbsup: (happy dance - drop kicked the Toshiba) laptop.

I have used the photo add on available in IE successfully many times, in fact, I like that little program.

I added it to my IE8, but when I try to upload photos, it says 'no pictures in this folder.' Well, that is not true (I affirm), there are photos there.

I cannot delete the add on, nor can I see a way to reinstall it. I went to "manage add-ons" but did not find it there.

Did someone play a trick on me?? Help!

Pat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pat71896

pat71896
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

I cannot tell you how many hours I worked on this one!! :flowers:

I finally got something to work!!!!! I removed the User Account Control (Control Panel, User Accounts, unchecked User Account Control) and downloaded MS Photo Upload and - - - :thumbsup: SUCCESS!

Since I am the only one on this PC, I am going to leave it off. If anyone knows of a reason to have it on, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me show off a resolution, I am pleased with me. . .

Pat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users