Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange power problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rawrasaur

rawrasaur

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

So, I was infected with a trojan a couple weeks back and I recently decided that I wanted to format my computer rather then deal with the virus. However, my compute began shutting down randomly some times after being on for only 30 minutes, and some times for many hours, or not at all. Then, my machine developed another problem. Every time I try to turn it on, it comes to life for just a split second, and then shuts down again. I have to press the button 20-30 times in succession to get it to turn on, each time I can hear the innards of the computer revving up just a little longer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Tried a different power supply yet?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users